FITEL’s new connector termination system allows for unsurpassed performance and flexibility in the field.
This new “splice-on” connector eliminates the need for field polishing and significantly improves the quality of the termination and installation time required.
FITEL’s factory polished ferrules with pre-cleaved fiber stubs are spliced onto the field fiber utilizing FITEL’s proprietary ferrule holder and fusion splicer. Once spliced, the SC/APC or SC/UPC connector is easily assembled by using a process that requires minimal skill or training.
The Splice-on-Connector is a field-installable connector that …
- is FAST
- Termination time of less than 3 minutes
- User Friendly Packaging for rapid & repeatable assembly
- is EASY
- No polishing or epoxy required
- Simple process, eliminating learning curve
- has the best quality
- Some manufactures use factory quality standard Connector parts and strain relief processes
- Look for Telcordia GR-326 confirmed performance
- Look for 100% inspection
The Splice-on-Connector Packaging come with…
- Pre-cleaved ferrule stub
- Vacuum sealed packaging
- User Friendly Design
- Ease of handling
- Look for connectors that use a Hermetic (carbon coated) fiber
- Superior mechanical strength
- Environmental fatigue resistance