When it comes to network monitoring, the ongoing challenge for network engineers is the need for greater visibility into network traffic, while faced with limited monitoring tools, a shortage of TAP and SPAN ports, and an ever-shrinking IT budget.
Enterprise network operators are facing multiple challenges as user demands place larger and larger stresses on network performance and resources. They need the right tools to gain visibility into traffic patterns and network usage. They must scale as the network grows by purchasing only the needed number of ports and features to more-effectively manage IT investment. They must consistently send all the right data to the right tools — matching multiple filter criteria — to eliminate dropped packets. They must instantly re-route traffic to monitoring tools based on suspicious activity to reduce the time and cost of human intervention to remediate network problems.
Meanwhile, network traffic is growing at unprecedented rates while network security breaches and compliance issues become increasingly important.
Operators must simultaneously distribute network traffic to several monitoring tools to fully use network bandwidth and boost the efficiency of monitoring tools.
They also must increase monitoring tool performance by eliminating unnecessary data before it reaches the tool in order to more easily adhere to compliance standards and generate more accurate tool statistics.
Ixia’s Anue Solutions
The Ixia Anue Net Tool Optimizer™ (NTO) provides complete network visibility into physical and virtual networks, improves network security, and optimizes monitoring tool efficiency. Ixia’s patented filtering technology and industry-leading, easy-to-use control panel help network engineers minimize network downtime and maximize return on monitoring tool investment.
- With its unique, patented filtering and de-duplication technology, the NTO delivers the most robust feature set available in network monitoring switches.
- First 40GE and highest-density 10GE solution.
- Automation to develop monitoring systems.
- Robust packet de-duplication.
- Dynamic three-stage filtering eliminates rule creation headaches and errors.
- Access control feature allows for security, compliance, and control
Improved Data Center Performance
- Full network visibility – Consistently send all the right data to the right tools by matching multiple filter criteria so that you can eliminate dropped packets due to overlapping filter conflicts.
- Automated response technology – Instantly re-route traffic to monitoring tools based on suspicious activity so that you can reduce time and cost of human intervention to remediate network problems.
- Load balancing – Distribute monitoring traffic to several analysis tools so that you can fully use network bandwidth and boost the efficiency of your monitoring tools, even if they are lagging the network in bandwidth.
- Sophisticated filtering and de-duplication – Increase monitoring tool performance by eliminating unnecessary data before it reaches the tool so that you can more-easily adhere to compliance standards and generate more accurate tool statistics.
Easiest To Use
Ixia’s Anue Net Tool Optimizer (NTO) is powered by a user-friendly, drag-and-drop interface that allows you to easily connect monitoring tools to appropriate SPAN and TAP ports with the simple click of a mouse.
The NTO handles the advanced configuration behind the scenes, freeing the IT team to focus on other responsibilities.
- Create network connections and filters by using in the intuitive GUI so that you can aggregate, filter, and distribute network traffic to monitoring tools with a few clicks of the mouse and virtually eliminate the need to rewire equipment.
- Restrict access to specific filters, ports, or monitoring tools by delivering improved access control management to meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
- From within the NTO, monitor key SNMP statistics from any network management system so that you can view and report on key information such as the amount of traffic each tool receives and instant notification of oversubscribed tools.
- Accommodate your organization’s increasing need for more IP addresses by easily accessing the NTO using IPv4 or IPv6 addresses.