FULLY Automated inspection tool with embedded analysis
- 100% automated, one-step inspection process
- On-board connector endface analysis
- (IEC, IPC or custom standards) including MPO/MTP analysis.
- Pass/fail LED indicator for immediate diagnosis of connector health
- Optimal digital image quality with three levels of magnification
COVER ALL FIBER APPLICATIONS
- FTTx and hybrid networks
- Mobile fronthaul (FTTA) and backhaul
- DAS and ﬁber-fed small cells
- Data centers
- Campus and private networks
- Central ofﬁce
- Lab, research and cable manufacturing
HOW CONFIDENT ARE YOU ABOUT YOUR CONNECTOR CLEANLINESS?
Connector inspection using automated analysis software to assess connector quality is an essential step during fiber commissioning and installation, and an integral part of best practices. Maintaining connector certification records is important for future reference. When combined with fiber certification, connector inspection provides end-to-end certification. However, users may not be aware of the fact that standards do not specify the focus level needed to achieve proper connector assessment. A slightly out-of-focus image may hide defects and trigger a “pass” result when analyzed in accordance with specific inspection standards. Unfortunately, if these hidden defects exceed acceptance criteria, the result will be a false positive.AVOID FALSE POSITIVES
To avoid such issues, users are now requesting methods that optimize image quality to ensure the integrity of inspection results. This is exactly where the new FIP-400B inspection probe comes into play. Thanks to it’s fully automated features, the FIP-400B ensures optimized image quality. This inspection probe automatically adjusts and optimizes focus and image centering, and then automatically captures and analyzes in accordance with preprogrammed IEC, IPC or custom standards delivering accurate results—and all in just ONE step.
HIGH-VISIBILITY LED PASS/FAIL INDICATOR
Located directly on the probe, this LED indicates the status of the connector under test following analysis, providing immediate diagnosis of connector cleanliness. Because there is no need to consult the platform or display screen, users can simply focus on getting ready for their next inspection.
EXFO’s FIP-400B Series of Fiber Inspection Probes
- FIP-400B Wired – This intelligent and automated test tools transforms fiber inspection into a faster and simplified one-step process providing accurate and consistent test results, and preventing the reporting of false-positive results. Using FIP-400B in conjunction with ConnectorMax2 series of fiber inspection probes , field technicians are able to analyze defects and scratches, and measure their impact on connector performance. Results are then compared against preprogrammed IEC/IPC standards or user-defined criteria, leading to accurate pass/fail verdicts established right on-site.
(For more information for FIP-400B Wired Click Here)
- FIP-400B Wireless – Turn your Android™ or iOS device into a fully automated fiber inspection solution delivering fast and consistent test results. With no wires in your way or cumbersome battery pack, it provides unmatched end-user experience, combined with bring-it-anywhere portability.This new edition of ConnectorMax2 features a mobile-friendly design with absolutely no compromise on performance or functionality − you can inspect, certify, save, document and report instantly from your smart device − all with an unmatched user-experience. On top of the connector endface viewing and analysis features, ConnectorMax2 Mobile brings an abundance of value-added features from the world of smartphones and tablets to its testing application, such as pinch-to-zoom on captured results, voiced or handwritten input and the support of screen orientation changes.
(For more information for FIP-400B Wireless Click Here)