FULLY Automated inspection tool with embedded analysis
- Inspect any type of fiber inside the data center, including single or multimode and single or multi-fiber
- Fastest LC and MPO connectors inspection with the same tool
- FIP-500 is 100% automated fiber inspection scope with quick connect mechanism for easy tip swap and zero button operation
- View of the entire multifiber connector in one shot with pass/fail diagnostics visible form any angle
- Smartphone-grade 2.4 inch color touchscreen
- On-board connector endface analysis (as per IEC standards)
- PDF reporting via mobile devices
COVER ALL FIBER APPLICATIONS
- Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH)
- Wireless (5G, FTTA, DAA, small cells)
- Data centers
- Central ofﬁces, exchanges and headends
HOW CONFIDENT ARE YOU ABOUT YOUR CONNECTOR CLEANLINESS?
Connector inspection using automated analysis software to assess connector quality is an essential step during fiber commissioning and installation, and an integral part of best practices. Maintaining connector certification records is important for future reference. When combined with fiber certification, connector inspection provides end-to-end certification. However, users may not be aware of the fact that standards do not specify the focus level needed to achieve proper connector assessment. A slightly out-of-focus image may hide defects and trigger a “pass” result when analyzed in accordance with specific inspection standards. Unfortunately, if these hidden defects exceed acceptance criteria, the result will be a false positive.SPOT ON, EVERY TIME
Delivering the most reliable pass/fail results in the industry, FIP-500 relies on innovative image capture texhniques:
- Enhanced illumination technique based on two LEDs
- Violet LEDs (405-nm light) for better contrast
- Custom-carved lenses for optimal image quality
- Dual-core CPU
This unprecedented visibility of the connector endface translates into optimal accuracy and repeatability.
LESS HANDLING, DOING MORE
HIGH-VISIBILITY LED PASS/FAIL INDICATOR
Located directly on the probe, this LED indicates the status of the connector under test following analysis, providing immediate diagnosis of connector cleanliness. Because there is no need to consult the platform or display screen, users can simply focus on getting ready for their next inspection.
EXFO’s Series of Fiber Inspection Probes
- FIP-400B Wired – This intelligent and automated test tools transforms fiber inspection into a faster and simplified one-step process providing accurate and consistent test results, and preventing the reporting of false-positive results. Using FIP-400B in conjunction with ConnectorMax2 series of fiber inspection probes , field technicians are able to analyze defects and scratches, and measure their impact on connector performance. Results are then compared against preprogrammed IEC/IPC standards or user-defined criteria, leading to accurate pass/fail verdicts established right on-site.
(For more information for FIP-400B Wired Click Here)
- FIP-400B Wireless – Turn your Android™ or iOS device into a fully automated fiber inspection solution delivering fast and consistent test results. With no wires in your way or cumbersome battery pack, it provides unmatched end-user experience, combined with bring-it-anywhere portability.This new edition of ConnectorMax2 features a mobile-friendly design with absolutely no compromise on performance or functionality − you can inspect, certify, save, document and report instantly from your smart device − all with an unmatched user-experience. On top of the connector endface viewing and analysis features, ConnectorMax2 Mobile brings an abundance of value-added features from the world of smartphones and tablets to its testing application, such as pinch-to-zoom on captured results, voiced or handwritten input and the support of screen orientation changes.
(For more information for FIP-400B Wireless Click Here)